Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Cheers for piers!

Finally, after weeks and weeks of delays - we have piers! They finished 4 last Friday and the remaining 8 this past Monday. At the risk of sounding like a dork (too late, I know), it was really cool to see the big drill pull up all that sand and mud and fling it around. When they poured the concrete into the hole, it made a strange sound - like an airplane taking off. I wish I was more of a wordsmith so I could describe it better. Since I'm not, best I can do is, "like, it was a low, whooooooshhhh sound, man, like, it was so cool"...

Anyway, less typing, more pictures:


After they finished all the piers, the guys (including me) had a couple of beers to celebrate. Cheers for piers with beers!

Next step: plumbing rough-in.. hopefully next week

By the way, it rained again today. But I'm okay with that.

No comments: